Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Apartments are overrated anyway.


The irony of the nautical analogies from the last post get a little more hilarious every time I think about the news of our promised accommodation in Hong Kong. Turns out, I really will be needing that life jacket.

Members of Hong Kong-based Noah’s Ark Ministries International have recently uncovered evidence that Noah's journey may have come to a halt near Mt. Ararat on the border of Turkey. While the exploration continues, a full size replica of the ark is being constructed in downtown Hong Kong. The primary purpose is to create a Christian educational theme park in which the full gospel will be presented. However I have taken quite an interest in its secondary purpose: my new home address.

The organization has generously offered to take us in as stowaways in the hotel rooms that apparently occupy the belly of the boat, alongside the creation museum. I am so grateful that the Lord has provided a place to stay, but more so, I'm marveling at his sense of humor in my life...

Right now I'm spending some time with family in Colorado until I leave on February 13th. I can't wait to see how the Lord works not only in Asia, but in my life personally. I know his desire is to continue to teach me and grow me, and as painful as that can be, I'm truly ready for the next step. I beg your prayers for me in this time of transition, it's been a difficult one. Even in the tough times, I'm sitting here chuckling and wondering what would have happened if I had chosen a city-slicker, downtown penthouse apartment analogy :)

Anchors aweigh...

2 comments:

  1. We just got home from our trip to Texas and Oklahoma and are waiting to hear how your trip went and what your initial impressions are. It was pleasant in Houston but winter is still alive and well in Dayton in February - no snow but cold! Let us know what your weather is like over there now. I have seen an email about an ark in Holland I was going to send you but you should be experiencing one first hand now - no need for pictures of someone else's ark. Blessings, Joe and Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl that is hilarious!! I am cracking up over here. I want to stay in a big Noah's ark. I wish I could be laughing there with you! How are you doing??? I called to check up on you but was sent straight to voicemail. I will check with you on facebook. Hope you are well. You are in my prayers. Miss ya!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete